General Aviation Flying Services is a company of Meridian.
Come work for Meridian at our facility in Teterboro, New Jersey!
Meridian has a proud history dating back almost 70 years. Over the decades, we have grown from a small aircraft maintenance business into a full-service private aviation company. Along the way, we have learned that exceptional customer service is what our customers value most. That philosophy, along with our dedication to putting safety first, is the cornerstone of our culture at Meridian. We are proud to have earned numerous industry awards and accolades for our outstanding service and high safety standards, but that wouldn't be possible without the great people that we hire.
At Meridian, we are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who understand that their actions will leave a lasting impression upon our customers, which contributes to the reputation of our company.
To perform this job successfully as a part time Detailer, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The department must provide aircraft cleaning services to all company aircraft on a 24/ 7 day basis. Flexibility in scheduled working hours is required.Work schedule is primarily Part Time, Monday - Wednesday, 4pm - 9pm, flexible to help out Saturday and/or Sunday, along with holidays as needed. You may have a potential opportunity to work additional hours.
Will be required to comply with the requirements of the Company Anti-Drug Plan. This position is deemed to perform a safety sensitive function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the interior and exterior cleaning and detailing requirements of all Meridian operated and transient aircraft requesting detailing services
- Provide occasional cleaning services for company facilities, vehicles and equipment
- Performance of all aspects for aircraft cleaning and detailing
- Liaison with flight crew, dispatch/ flight operations, and maintenance personnel on all aircraft cleaning matters
- Ensure all Meridian aircraft are cleaned and detailed to Company standards to include:
- Cleaned and Detailed immediately after each flight upon return to Teterboro
- Sanitizing and wiping down all commonly touched surfaces using our chosen disinfectant and cleaner throughout aircraft interior
- Monitoring conditions of aircraft leather, side walls, carpets, etc. Noting any possible damage that may be found upon each return to base. Reporting of any unusual fluid leaks on exterior to maintenance department.
- Touching up of aircraft paint in problem areas (brush touch-ups)
- Check condition of cabin blankets, pillows, and linens regularly. Cleaning as required.
- Maintain a safe and organized work space during and at the end of every shift
- Protect aircraft undergoing maintenance inspections by applying protective materials
- Protect/clean hangar floor during big detailing jobs such as bright work polishing
- Maintenance of cleaning equipment
- Heavy lifting of equipment is required; Minimum 50 lbs.
- Steady bending, leaning, and lifting is required
- Subject to random drug and alcohol testing
- Provide services to all Meridian locations in Teterboro, NJ
- Keeping an organized and tidy hangar
- Comply with all safety practices to insure a safe work environment
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos
- Ability to write simple correspondence with attention given to grammar and spelling
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Primary language is English; Bi-lingual a plus
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use the hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms: climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision capabilities required by the position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.